I am enjoying the peace and quiet of today. I am enjoying God’s presence. I am thankful for dear friendships. And I am praying for God’s Spirit to keep me from fear as I type this.
Goals for 2013:
My number one, overarching goal for this New Year is to live from the source of God’s Spirit daily. I am learning the importance of living each day dependent on and guided by God’s Spirit. This year I want to make a point to daily ask God to fill me with His Spirit. I want to learn to live ever more connected to the source of life, Jesus Christ. My He fill me anew and afresh each and every day.
- I plan to continue with both the She Reads Truth and the Redemption Women bible studies.
- I plan to journal daily, even if the entry is only a sentence or two asking for a filling of God’s Spirit for the day.
- I plan to listen to at least part of a sermon podcast everyday.
- I plan to pray with my husband every night before we go to sleep. I have had this desire for the last year, but I haven’t been very good about doing it. By God’s grace, I desire to become much more consistent in this over the next year.
- I plan to run 500 miles in 2013. I did the math and I only have to run 1.92 miles, 5 days a week. Considering that my “normal” run to the beach and back is already 1.5 miles, I think this is a completely reasonable goal. That said, I did not run this morning. =) Honestly, I already had a long discussion with myself to keep myself from already giving up on this one. See this post if you want to know what I told myself. =)
- I want to run in a race. If I am going to do this running thing, I want to really do it. I have dreamed of running in a race for years. Honestly, probably the biggest factor is money. We will see. =)
- I want to eat at least 1 serving of vegetables a day. I have dropped off our produce intake since moving. Produce cost are definitely higher here in Florida, but despite the monetary challenge we need to eat more vegetables.
- I want to be intentional in relationships this year. I want to pursue relationships and not wait to be pursued.
- I want to write a card or letter to someone once a week.
- I want to take time each day to put down my distractions and listen to my husband.
- I plan to find true need in Delray Beach and to meet that need in ways we can. I have no idea how to do this, so I’m just praying that God will show us need.
- I plan to cook and plan my meals in such a way that I can cut back our food budget.
- I plan to find a good WordPress template that I really like.
- I plan to get RSS feeds set up and working well.
- I plan to vlog more than once a month
There is a lot here. I am fighting to not feel overwhelmed as I look at this list, but I am also reminding myself that I serve a big God and that the goal in all these things is to serve and glorify Him, not myself.
My prayer for this New Year is that I may be filled with His Spirit and that He may receive the glory for it all.
Get My "Perspective Reset Devotional"For FREE
When You Subscribe To My Blog
Glad to have you a part of the Health Habits! I love to see when others put a lot of thought into growing themselves and stretching themselves for the better. Looking forward to the journey together!
I set a distance goal in 2010 and it worked really well for me because I could make up for lost time rather than being like “whoops, I’ve already missed two days this week, better just eat cookies.”
I’m originally from Florida but lived in Washington state for 9 years. I hope you like the change! Your goals are awesome. Blessings for a wonderful 2013!